DryCarpet Next Time! 3249
Your service 2912
Zero Rez Myth 2748
Topic Options
#2138 - 06/16/02 05:55 PM San Diego - bad experience
Diane F Offline
DRYMember

Loc: San Marcos, CA USA
Our service rep was Joe. He was very rude and tried to overcharge us by a lot!!!! We won't use 1-800-DRYCARPET till they get a new authorized agent in San Diego.

#2139 - 06/17/02 01:14 PM Re: San Diego - bad experience
DC San Diego Offline
DRYMember

Loc: San Diego. Ca , Usa
<FONT size="2"><FONT face="Arial"><FONT COLOR="Crimson">Please note that the REPLY below is from our San Diego DRYCARPET Agent/Supervisor.

DRYCARPET Admin</FONT f>
</FONT s>

Hello everyone my name is Joe. I am the supervisor that is referrenced in the above post by Diane F.

Our company was contacted via telephone to schedule a DRYCARPET carpet cleaning appoinment by Diane F. However, I never met with Diane but her husband instead (who was NOT our ORIGINAL contact). Mr F was not aware that DRYCARPET's charges are based on cleanable and exposed square feet. (See the link below to view DRYCARPET's published rates). DRYCARPET is "ACCOUNTABLE" to square-feet-charges .. our customers (usually) appreciate our straight-forward and honest approach.

I measured 510 square feet of carpet for Diane F's husband (510 x.40 ='s $204.00). Diane F's living room was 23 feet wide by 21 feet long and a 8 foot hallway. I gave Mr. F the option of cleaning an additional 3 bedrooms for $240. By adding 3 rooms this would have put the customer in our discounted .30 per square foot rate. (See URL link below to see DRYCARPET's published square-footage rates). Mr F seemed quite confused - and, as expected, since Mr F was not our primary contact.

Mr F then said that if I want to clean his 3 additional bedrooms he would expect me to move all beds and all furniture. I let him know that our company does not move heavy, electronic or heavy furniture (insurance requirment - PS. We Never Break or Damage customer property or items .. with this policy). Mr. F, again, became very agaited with me. It was at this point that Mr. F grabed a cordless-phone and headed into the garage to call his wife. Then Mr F came out of the garage and "THREW" the telephone at me and told me to "speak with my wife" ...and, I said hello to Mrs. F and she told me that she was orignially quoted $160 for cleaning her livng room and hall (400sq ft x.40 $160.00), I asked her if she measured the area and she replied, "No". So as I told her that our company is accountable to square footage charges. It was at this time that Diane F's husband demanded the cordless-telephone back and Mr. F told his wife that he was going to "Throw Me Out of the House". So, in order to maintain peace, I simply walk out of the home and wished the customer well.

As the main DRYCARPET offices are aware, Mr F and Mrs F are really upset with me. And, at the time Mr. F was breathing down my neck - I was very shocked and afraid. On my walk back to my service vehicle "words were exchanged". This was my worst experience as an Authorized Agent For DRYCARPET.

I DID NOT overestimate! The above comments by Diane F do not 'mesh' with company square footage prices, protocol and standards!

DRYCARPET San Diego - JOE

DRYCARPET rates are here: http://www.drycarpet.com/southerncalifornia/americaspreferred/

Who's Online
1 registered (1-800-DRYCARPET®), 583 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
2966 Members
4 Forums
1339 Topics
3218 Posts

Max Online: 4956 @ 02/03/19 05:58 PM