I just scheduled online 4913
Very Pleased First Time Customer 4419
Why Would I Have My Carpet Cleaned While It's Raining 4178
The best carpet cleaning process ever 3747
DryCarpet Next Time! 3249
Your service 2912
Zero Rez Myth 2748
Topic Options
#1076 - 08/11/06 09:09 AM Sadly, a conduct complaint!
SAinCA Offline
DRYMember

Loc: Yorba Linda, CA
Although the carpet cleaning was performed to our complete satisfaction by the Orange County CA contractor, when it came to my wife paying the bill by Credit Card, she was manipulated into paying by check because the contractor (lady) didn’t want to take the card, complaining that it would cost her more to take that form of payment.

I strenuously object to this manipulation. It is clear from the email verifying our appointment that VISA and MASTERCARD are ACCEPTED, not AVOIDED!

Yes, it costs the merchant a percentage from the card issuer – this is a “cost of doing business” that every merchant factors into their charges. Maximizing profit at our expense is no way to ensure repeat business. As it happens WE are out 3% of the charge because we use a Subaru Mastercard from Chase that gives us 3% for every charge and sends us vouchers that cover our servicing costs (free servicing for using a credit card is a good deal!).

I strenuously suggest a change in the contractor's conduct.

#1077 - 08/11/06 09:49 AM Re: Sadly, a conduct complaint!
1-800-DRYCARPET® Online
DRYCZAR

Loc: Santa Monica, California
The behavior that you describe contradicts corporate policy, training, our franchise agreement and Operations Manuals.

The Franchisee that owns the Yorba Linda area is popular and is requested "by name" by several customers. While this matter is hard to believe the company will now reiterate its position regarding Credit Cards.

Quote:
"We believe that Credit Cards encourage customers to use our company rather than discourage it. And, since the company advertises that it accepts Credit Cards we certainly should not discourage their use at the time that payment is due".
This is an isolated incident. The company has never had a complaint like this ever. I’m sure that the business owner/franchisee of Yorba Linda will be contacting you personally. Thank you.

###

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing 1-800 DRYCARPET® Carpet Cleaning.
Service date: 8/7/2006. Today's date: 8/11/2006. We've Got The Best Customers !!!

Stay DRY,

1-800 DRYCARPET® Carpet Cleaning
SAinCA is customer no.:9508.

Carpet Cleaning Services
Household Products
1-800-DRYCARPET® is a Franchise Company

Who's Online
1 registered (1-800-DRYCARPET®), 1447 Guests and 53 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
2966 Members
4 Forums
1339 Topics
3218 Posts

Max Online: 4956 @ 02/03/19 05:58 PM